nickelback vs nickleback

deffo nickelback
This is a no win situation. Unless you like syrupy balls!
...The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round...
Mack Daniels said...

This is a no win situation. Unless you like syrupy balls!

inna gadda da vida
This is a very clever thread, 'cause it acknowledges the many faces of Nickelback. Like all the great bands of our time - Department S, Interpol, Tubeway Army, The Monkees, The Subtractors, Tin Machine, Peter, Paul and Mary, and (above all) The New Seekers - Nickelback's genius can never be reduced to a simple formula.

Hence a very important question you've raised, Nigel! Will the real Nickelback stand up? And which Nickelback do we love best?

Could it be early Nickelback, perhaps, with that stripped down sound and those Northern Soul overtones?

Or perhaps we prefer them in their progressive phase, experimenting on the outer borders of the modern soundscape while embracing ancient religious and cultural influences?

Or perhaps we prefer their startling show-tune phase, as they churned out one after another amazing concept album, redefining the nature and meaning of the rock opera?

Me, I plump for the Nickelback's neo-minimilist period. Remember the totally silent albums? Rethinking Sound, Volumes 1-12?

These, to me, are flawless, and represent the absolute pinnacle of Nickelback's achievement.

This is a very clever thread, 'cause it acknowledges the many faces of Nickelback. Like all the great bands of our time - Department S, Interpol, Tubeway Army, The Monkees, The Subtractors, Tin Machine, Peter, Paul and Mary, and (above all) The New Seekers - Nickelback's genius can never be reduced to a simple formula.

Hence a very important question you've raised, Nigel! Will the real Nickelback stand up? And which Nickelback do we love best?

Could it be early Nickelback, perhaps, with that stripped down sound and those Northern Soul overtones?

Or perhaps we prefer them in their progressive phase, experimenting on the outer borders of the modern soundscape while embracing ancient religious and cultural influences?

Or perhaps we prefer their startling show-tune phase, as they churned out one after another amazing concept album, redefining the nature and meaning of the rock opera?

Me, I plump for the Nickelback's neo-minimilist period. Remember the totally silent albums? Rethinking Sound, Volumes 1-12?

These, to me, are flawless, and represent the absolute pinnacle of Nickelback's achievement.

I'm glad I got these reflections off my chest, finally - and thank God that no-one will ever see them!
This thread gave me stomach cramps.
...The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round...
Mack Daniels said...

This thread gave me stomach cramps.

Would more Nickelback help..?

Would more Nickelback help..?

lots more